Good Friday! This is THE DAY when the shops are shut, kids are running all over their backgrounds looking for choc eggs, bunnies are working their hardest and I go for my first run in weeks.
It is finally a day off for me.. to the extend. Although I planned to sit down and finish some invoices, compose couple of new blogs I’ve promised to publish over this weekend and maybe finally clean my apartment up I am starting this Good Friday to give you some tips how to travel Ozland the best 🙂 I’ve put some of my traveling pictures together sharing my view of the country. And…
YOU ARE THE FIRST ONES TO SHARE THIS WITH ME!
No photoshop, no coloure editing or wrinkles removing, just the way it is. WHAT IS IT ABOUT? It is about #FAMILY, #AUSTRALIA #CULTURES and #LOVE which I am very excited to share with everyone who cares. So jump in on board and feel free to leave your comments, tips, opinions and pictures below 🙂
SARCASM IS LEGAL AND HIGHLY ENCOURAGED IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is an amazing country! It is ridiculously far, very diverse and incredibly big! It combines many cultures, climate zones, temperatures and natures. Australia is worth putting on your bucket list right now!
Russia is an amazing country. It is ridiculously far, very conservative and incredibly big! It combines a lot of controversy, several climate zones, freezing temperatures and beautiful natures. If you enjoy solving puzzles, Russia must go on your bucket list.
Here Australia and Russia come together! My parents have finally made it to Down Under (in March 2014) after 6 years of me begging them to come 🙂 Here they are, puzzled, inspired, a little scared, overwhelmed, lacking sleep (giggling) and the local language. Australia took Russia well, Russia felt a little strange.
Australia is surrounded by oceans and seas and the water’s temperature doesn’t get any higher than 22C. FREEZING, I can hear you saying! Yep, it is 🙂 However, Aussies are used to it (I guess they don’t know better lol) and whether you like it or not you are better of getting used to the local wonders.
Australia is full of wonders!
You can spend a whole day in the car driving any direction and never even leave one state. You can get painfully burnt and sneakily frozen on the same day. You meet more Asians in Sydney than in Asia. You feel bad about yourself because everyone is constantly exercising. And you are always checking the horizon out making sure no sharks are coming.
While everyone is so obsessed with fitness in Australia, it is found to be the second obese country in the world with high binge drinking numbers. Australia is incredibly safe yet people get punched once and instantly killed on the streets. Everyone in Australia is following some organic food trend or paleo eating yet only McDonald’s in opened 24/7.
You can feed animals in Australia but never can feed birds. Spiders and snakes are the most venomous in Australia yet only a handful of organisations develop antidotes. Australian labor is very expensive while many office “rats” struggle to make their ends meet. You can take people to court for saying something rude to you but many Aussies sheilas can verbally attack Aboriginals with not much public fuss.
I absolutely #LOVE Australia – it is a free country with everyone constantly calling racism. It is a warm country with mountains covered in snow. It is a fair country with foreigners struggling to find a job. It is a rich country with one of the highest amount of people on the doll.
However apart from me being a little too observative and a little sarcastic I must admit I LOVE Ozland. It is my home and I cannot think of a better world. Swapping my old world for the new one means changing the inner ME as well. As a result, it wasn’t as easy to re-unite with my family as I thought it would be. One family – two different worlds – it is a whole new chapter for my family and myself.
I am sure most of the migrants would understand what I mean.
For those who don’t, sit back and enjoy the reading. My traveling tips are on the way!
If you are new in town my advice would be DON’T BE SCARED TO EXPLORE! Australia, overall, IS a very safe country. It is also incredibly friendly and easy to be in, country. I will now outline some of the things which I find important to remember while you are in Australia (might appear a little sarcastic again, sorry I just cannot help it, I’ve been here for way too long lol)
MY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SYDNEY VISITORS
1. The City (Sydney), goes without saying, is a must! You ought to see the Big Smoke! It is very small but very vibrant.
2. Sydney changes with each direction – try to get out to the North, South, East and West to make your own opinion about the suburbs of Sydney.
3. The Sydney Zoo which we call Taronga Zoo is very nice but it is expensive, reasonably small and there is no access to the animals. My advice, go wildlife parks! They are larger, you can feed animals and enjoy the country views.
4. Go pubbing! Australian culture is a lot around beer drinking in the pubs, beer gardens and friends places. Aussies love their grog and they are very social. Beer time is the time to make friends!
5. Night life in my opinion isn’t that exciting (in Sydney) but music festivals might be your cup of tea. If not, go for Wine Festivals, Food Festivals, Sydney Festivals etc.
6. Nature is what Australia is also known for. It is bloody incredible so get out to the country more. Go bush walking and don’t forget the stunning coastal walks.
7. Try different food.s In such culturally diverse world like Australia it is an absolute must to try as many cuisines as you can.
8. Go fruit picking or sheep sheering – it is a absolute blast!
9. Visit different suburbs. Almost each suburb (in Sydney) is a visit to almost every country in the world.
10. Go with the flow. Depending on where you are arriving from, Australia might appear a lot different from what you are used to. Let it be so! Embrace the difference and try things – it will broaden your views and believes like nothing.
11. Go camping.
12. Go boating.
13. Make a promise to yourself to come back!